Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

Friday, January 18, 2013

Weight Gain

Just a quick update! It seems that Elijah is gaining weight! He is around 14lbs 9oz. He is eating a ton and pulling himself up. He loves cruising on furniture and hates sitting still. I am a little concerned that he isn't verbalizing quite like he should, but I am hoping it's just because all of his energy is going toward being physical. Noah loves the new mobile Elijah. Noah wants to play with him but doesn't quite understand that Elijah is still a baby and needs to be handled gently. It's quite an adventure at our house.

On a completely different topic, Dion and I have decided that it is time to get healthy. We have committed to a three week diet (no carbs, sugar, or alchohol). Ugh. I am seriously testing my self control. It's so easy to justify stuffing your mouth with comfort food when you have a child that is sick. You are in the hospital all day, and that candy bar is calling your name... you think, eh, my son is sick. I'm stressed and tired. I DESERVE that candy bar. Yeah... Substitute "candy bar" for anything- cheeseburger, ice cream, french fries...and you get an unhealthy mom and dad. I need to clean out my system and reestablish my eating habits. Not to mention my over all lack of self control. I have yet to figure out how to fit a work out into my schedule, the least I can do is nourish my body in a healthy manner. So here we are, five days into our plan, and man oh man how I would love a big, fat, juicy cheeseburger...

No comments:

Post a Comment