Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, February 10, 2013

The New Normal

It's early Sunday morning. The boys are running around, playing and having fun. I'm sitting here with my coffee and it dawns on me... this is our new normal. And you know what? It's quite good. Elijah is as active as ever. He is sleeping better, only getting up once a night. He is growing, although slowly. He is still not on the growth chart but he is growing on a curve. I am hoping he will be 17lbs by the time he is one (next month!), but he will most likely only be 16lbs. I can't believe he will be one next month. This year has gone by in such a blur. Sometimes I look at him and I still see my little newborn in the hospital with his chest open. He has come so, so far in such a short time.  Noah is thriving. He is in preschool and doing so well. He has been through so many changes this year and he has been forced to adjust again and again. And yet here he is, loving his brother and his family. I marvel at him every day.

This week is CHD awareness week. It breaks my heart to know that so many people have to endure what we have gone through, and in some instances, even worse. My heart goes out to those families. I encourage you take a moment during your busy week to remember those who now have heart angels and those who continue to fight. Congenital Heart Defects are more common than many people realize. Help us spread awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment