Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

Monday, August 13, 2012

The good, the bad, and the readmitted...

The good news is that our little Eli's heart is strong and doing well. He has been eating and gaining weight. We have been settling into a routine again and it has been really nice having our family back again. However, over the weekend, he started having blood in his stool. I contacted his cardiologist who was confident that the blood wasn't related to his heart. I figured that I would call his pediatrition on Monday and schedule an appointment for later in the week. I was wrong. This morning, as both Dion and I were getting ready for work, he had a diaper full of blood. I called the doctor right away and it was decided that we would go directly to the emergency room at Children's Hospital.

While in the emergency room, they ran a number of tests but were unable to tell us why he was bleeding. The only thing they have discovered so far is that his platelet count is low, but they don't know why. They decided to admit us yet again in order to do a more indepth work up. So here we sit again, full of unanswered questions. Tomorrow is the first day of school and both Dion and I are suppose to be at work. Juggling work and a sick child is incredibly difficult. I have no idea how to be at two places at one time. The guilt is overwhelming. I feel like my place is with my baby and yet I have obligations and committments I have to fulfill. I have students depending on me. Ugh. Sometimes life is just so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment