Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Summer Vacation

Dion and I are now on summer vacation! I love this time of year. We get to spend time as a family, visit with friends, and putz around the garden. I miss the pre-baby sleeping in, but I am enjoying the peacefulness of the early morning. Elijah had a doctor's appointment on Friday morning. He is growing on his own curve, but not really catching up to others his age. We are content as long as he is growing. Both of his ears still have fluid in them so we will continue with the antibiotics. The doctor is happy with his cognitive development. He has quite a few words and understands what we say. It looks like we won't be traveling for a while. His ears are still a mess and we are still waiting to make sure his breathing is stable. I was really hoping to go back home this summer, but it looks like I will have to cancel those tickets after all. I miss Alaska. I feel a sense of peace there that I don't typically feel anywhere else.

Elijah is finally getting back to himself. He started sleeping through the night again. He is back to walking around and playing with his brother. I missed his baby laugh and his big smiles, but after almost a week of misery, they are back! My dad has been in town for a week or so to attend my grandma's funeral and settle some of her estate. Although they are sad circumstances, I am glad he is here. The boys are growing so fast, I want them to know their grandparents. Noah loves his grandpa; Elijah is still trying to figure out who grandpa is. Elijah isn't the easiest person to get to know. He has a fear of people and it takes time for him to relax around new people. My dad rented a motorcycle for a few days and Noah thinks that thing is the best invention. He has spent every evening sitting on the motorcycle pretending he is driving. It is adorable!

I am looking forward to the next couple of weeks and hopefully we will be able to relax and refresh. It's been a rough year. We really need a moment of peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment