Wednesday, July 1, 2015
During rounds today, the NPs told Dion that the x-ray remained the same as yesterday. This is a good thing. His chest tubes only drained 10cc last night and we were concerned that he was retaining fluid in his lungs again. It looks like his lungs handled the reduction in diuretics well. They decided to try and change his other diuretic to oral and see how he reacts. So far we are still in a "wait and see" mode. He needs to continue to be weaned off of the IV meds. Once he has done this successfully, they will lift the fluid restriction and see how his body reacts. If his lungs handle that well, then they will pull his chest tube.