Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Nothing Like Home

We have been home for four days now and it has been so nice. You take for granted simple things like having your whole family together, sleeping in the same house and eating at the same table. Both Dion and I are incredibly tired. Elijah is not sleeping or eating well. For some reason he will only drink 1-2oz bottles. We also had to change bottles to get him to eat even this amount. This means that we need to feed him every two hours in order to meet his daily goal. This also means that he gets up several times a night to eat. However, I'm totally okay with the fact that he gets up. This means that he is actually feeling hungry and wanting to eat. I'm just so grateful to be home with him that I don't mind getting no sleep.

Noah is excited to have his little brother home and he even shares his blankie with Elijah. For those of you who know Noah, this is MAJOR. He loves his blankie.

 I go back to work again tomorrow. It is so hard for me to relinquish Elijah's daily care to someone else. I am such a micro manager with him, it may actually do me some good to let some of it go. I am lucky that Dion will be taking care of him for the next two weeks and I can rest easy that Elijah will be in good hands. I am hopeful that our family can get back into our routine and and start to live life again. When your child is in the hospital for as long as Elijah has been, time stands still. It's as if someone hit the pause button on life. I am excited that we may actually get to hit the play button again.

No comments:

Post a Comment