Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Here we go!

We finally had our first appointments with the USC Fetal and Maternal Health Institute on Thursday. It was a very, very long day. We had an incredibly long wait and had to see two different doctors. All in all, things are looking good. Elijah is growing just as he should and we are now looking at an induction date of March 14th to deliver on March 15th. I believe that they will then schedule his surgery for the following Monday. It's all starting to become very real and scary. Dion has faith that everything will work out and things are going to fall into place. I have always been a positive person but I am really struggling with this one. I am petrified that things are not going to go well. I suppose we all just have to live in the moment and not worry about things we can't control.  I have to go to weekly doctors appointments and see several doctors each time. They want me to have an MRI so that they can look at baby Elijah's brain. They said that this is standard with heart babies but I can't help but worry about what it could possibly mean. Again, I need to live in the moment and not in the possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment