Making the decision to have a child – it’s momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Ugh

Earlier this week Noah came down with yet another cold. As soon as his nose started running, we knew we were in trouble. When Dion got home from work each one of us took a kid and went to a different room. The next two days his niece was able to come over and help me during the day so that we could keep them apart until both Dion and his niece got sick as well. Noah has an awful cough and has been super grumpy. He only wants mommy. The adults seem to have colds. Once his niece got sick, Dions sister and my mom came over to help.

I am terrified Elijah will get sick again. I feel like we got lucky the first time and that luck may run out. I feel the panic start to rise just thinking about it.We have been wearing masks and using hand sanitizer like you wouldn't believe. I went through the whole house and disinfected every surface I could, I sprayed lysol everywhere, and I washed anything that fit in the washing machine. I opened all the windows and aired the house out. Hopefully this will help us avoid the illness, but I know that ultimately it is out of my control. I feel like the walls are closing in over here.

On another topic, Elijah's oxygen levels have been lowering slowly over the last couple of weeks. They have scheduled him for his cath on July 5th at CHLA. Hopefully everything goes well and we will be out of there the same day. He is continuing to gain weight, but very slowly. He is almost 10lbs. They want us to start fortifying his bottles again, but Elijah is so picky that he won't eat much when they are fortified.  Who knew a three month old would be so picky!

No comments:

Post a Comment